Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Here's a story I found on Digg about the "Top 25 Censored Stories of 2007." Now, my definition of "censorship" is government prohibition of speech, and so for these to be truly "censored" would mean that government somehow stopped their publication, which didn't happen. I remember reading something about each and every one of these stories, and so if our government had tried to censor them, we have a long way to go before it achieves Orwellian proportions.

Certainly, the mainstream media didn't "censor" these stories. I find it simply impossible to believe that the AP, Reuters, NBC, ABC, CBS, et. al., are pro-Bush administration, and would bury a story to protect it.

Ultimately, many (most, all? it's a bit hard to read through all of it) of the stories are typical old Leftist saws, and I find many of the sources listed here to be suspect. In other words, it's typical Digg, and just as disturbing.

No comments: