Sunday, August 19, 2007

Iran's Revolutionary Guard Admits to Efforts Against US

And about those Iranian Revolutionary Guards: they promise to "punch" the US. Now I'm sure that's partly from translation, and I'm sure it sounds more menacing in the native tongue. But it makes me inclined to thumb my nose and go "nah nah nah" right back at them.

Some quotes:

Local press in the Iranian capital of Tehran quoted Revolutionary Guards leader Gen. Yahya Rahim Safavi saying that he could understand Washington's ire towards the group because of their recent successes against the United States.

"America will receive a heavier punch from the guards in the future," he was quoted as saying in the conservative daily Kayhan.

"We will never remain silent in the face of U.S. pressure and we will use our leverage against them," he was quoted as saying.

Now, all kidding aside, what exactly Gen. Safavi mean by "successes against the United States," unless he's basically admitting to Iran's involvement in Iraq. Personally, were I President, I'd take that as admission of acts of war and go after them. But, alas, I'm not President.

No comments: